QUALIFICATIONS AND JOB DESCRIPTION
Start Your Journey With Us
The St. Regis brand first established luxury hospitality more than 110 years ago, with the opening of the St. Regis New York. From the moment John Jacob Astor IV opened the doors of his Beaux-Arts masterpiece on New York’s Fifth Avenue, St. Regis has stood as a symbol of uncompromising elegance and bespoke service. Today, with more than 40 of the best addresses around the world, St. Regis is a place where trends are born, boundaries are broken and guests can simply live exquisite. We invite you to explore careers at St. Regis.
Supports property operations, ensuring that the highest levels of hospitality and service are provided. Manages the flow of questions and directs guests within the lobby. Supports the tracking and resolution of service issues.
Education and Experience
- Min. 5 years experience in similar position;
- University degree from Hotel Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major;
- Excellent level of all commands of English & Turkish is a must,
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills,
- Ability to work effectively with people at all levels of the organization,
- Able to work under pressure and within tight deadlines of hotel industry,
- Good command on Opera and MS Office applications,
- Work and residency permit for Turkey is required.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Supporting Guest Services Teams
• Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
• Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
• Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
• Supervises and manages employees. Supports day-to-day operations. Understands employee positions well enough to perform duties in employees' absence.
• Celebrates successes and publicly recognizes the contributions of team members.
• Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees and ensures employees do the same within the team.
Supporting Guest Services and Front Desk Goals
• Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
• Supports handling complaints, settling disputes, and resolving grievances and conflicts, or otherwise negotiating with others.
• Maintains a strong working relationship with all departments to support property operations and goals and to expedite the resolution of any problems that may arise through the general operation of the property.
• Intervenes in any guest/employee situation as needed to insure the integrity of the property is maintained, guest satisfaction is achieved, and employee well being is preserved.
• Understands budgets, operating statements and payroll progress reports.
Ensuring and Providing Exceptional Customer Service
• Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
• Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
• Supports day-to-day operations, ensuring the quality, standards and meeting the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
• Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
• Observes service behaviors of employees and provides feedback to individuals.
• Strives to improve service performance.
• Provides immediate assistance to guests as requested.
• Ensures employees understand customer service expectations and parameters.
• Participates in the implementation of corrective action plans to improve guest satisfaction.
Supporting Implementation Projects and Policies
• Implements the customer recognition/service program, communicating and ensuring the process.
• Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently, disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPS) and support the Peer Review Process.
• Manages payroll administration.
Conducting Human Resource Activities
• Identifies the developmental needs of others and coaching, mentoring, or otherwise helping others to improve their knowledge or skills.
• Provides guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
• Participates in employee progressive discipline procedures.
• Uses all available on the job training tools for employees.
• Solicits employee feedback, utilizes an “open door” policy and reviews employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or concerns.
• Supervises on-going training initiatives and conducts training when appropriate.
• Participates in the employee performance appraisal process, providing feedback as needed.
• Provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
• Analyzes information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
• Informs and/or updates the executives, the peers and the subordinates on relevant information in a timely manner.
• Maintains high visibility in public areas during peak times.
• Understands and can implement all emergency plans including accident, death, elevator, thefts, vicious crimes, bombs, fire, etc.
• Performs Front Desk duties in high demand times.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.